Join us live online on May 23rd from 5-9pm EST for a 4 hour self care cupping course.
Join us and learn ways that cupping therapy can not only benefit your clients but also how you can use cupping to help yourself.
Feel empowered to manage, relieve and prevent your own pain, tension and discomfort through the use of Cupping Therapy. Learn how to self-apply cups to different parts of the body and incorporate movement for maximum efficiency. During this course there is lots of hands on practical time so that you can get comfortable with using cupping during your day in order to treat your discomfort in between treatments.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge on the history and benefits of cupping therapy.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge on the indications, contraindications, and precautions for cupping therapy.
- Students will be introduced to some of the research for cupping therapy.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in the application of cupping therapy as part of a treatment protocol to treat a variety of clinical conditions.
You will be able to take the course from the comfort of your home or office, over the internet.
What you will need is
- a laptop with a camera or a computer with a webcam or a tripod for your phone/tablet and a bit of space to work in. The camera will pick up what you are doing, so a way of using it close to you and hands free will be very helpful.
- a good quality internet connection
- a headset or headphones with a mic (the ones that come with most phones will work well) This will stop feedback from happening when people have open microphones.
- You will need a set of cups. If you do not have cups check out our online sample pack.
Paul Kohlmeier, BPE, RMT, R.Ac.
Registered Massage Therapist and Registered Acupuncturist, Paul Kohlmeier is an experienced and skilled therapist who is also trained as a Traditional Chinese Medicine Herbalist. Graduating with a Physical Education degree from the University of Manitoba, Paul went on to obtain his Diploma in Massage Therapy from Wellington College and Diplomas in both Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine from the Hua Xia Acupuncture and Herb College of Canada. Paul has a wealth of information looking for ways to get out of his head…which has led him to teaching and lecturing over the last 15 years.
Paul runs a community acupuncture practice, in addition to his Massage Therapy practice from his clinic based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. In addition to his keen interest in Massage Therapy and Chinese Medicine, Paul is a self-proclaimed research geek having participated in the World Fascia Congress, IN-CAM and the Massage Therapy Foundation Research Conference and loves bringing everything he learns into the treatment room as well as the classroom.
Being certified in both Massage Therapy and Chinese Medicine, Paul has a unique ability to speak to the two different bodies of knowledge. He takes a decidedly different approach, working towards an explanatory narrative that represents current thinking and science, as well as adding a feedback-based model of explanation that includes a patient-directed approach.